ENERGY COST CONTROL
Purchasing and controlling energy
It’s very important to know when and how you plan to use energy in your business to work out which are the best buying methods and energy technologies to help control and save you money.
With the cost of energy being uncertain due to the political and market turbulence, getting the best advice and support to know when and how to buy your contracts has never been more important.
Business energy contracts are very different to domestic energy contracts, the small print is very important to check, especially contract lengths, kwhr rates, potential fixed or passthrough costs, meter costs, standing charges etc etc
That’s where we can help.
We’ll give you unbiased independent support and guidance to help you take control of your energy costs & consumption by:
- Helping you take over, contract, or install the energy supplies you need for your building. We help with water, gas, electricity, LPG, petrol, diesel, and oil.
- Reviewing and tracking the market to help you buy at the best price point possible for the volumes of energy you need to purchase.
- Reviewing your bills for errors and overspending.
- Gaining your usage data from your supplier to help you understand when and how you use energy.
- Creating a package of energy reduction opportunities best suited for your business.
- Helping you exit a business premises and transfer to the new owners or tenants.
As you know the best savings are gained by reducing the number of kilowatt-hours (kwhr) or energy you use! With every business being different, your needs should be individually reviewed to make sure you use the best control or generating equipment to enable the best savings and fastest ROI for your investment of money and time.
Some key technologies are:
- Solar PV and solar thermal
- Battery storage
- Ground and air source heat pumps
- Voltage optimisation
- Wind turbine technologies
- Live building and meter tracking technology
- Timer and heating controls
- Rain and water heat and power technologies
If you’re interested in any of the above, we will assist you by working with our team of experts to create the best mix of technologies. These technologies are correctly sized for your individual business needs to deliver the best rate of return for your investment.
The end result being you save money by reducing the number of kilowatt-hours you purchase, become more efficient, and help the planet by reducing your carbon footprint.
- If you sign a letter of authority for a 3rd party, do not allow them permission to sign any contracts on your behalf and make sure it doesn’t have any hidden fee structures!
- Check any utility contracts you are asked to sign very carefully and get trusted advice.
- Make sure you compare suppliers fully before signing a new contract – not just on price, but standing charges, contract length and their terms and conditions.
HQ BUILDING THE BUSINESS FAQ's
A. It depends. If you’re energy-savvy, probably not a lot. But if you’re not energy-savvy, we can reduce your consumption by potentially a considerable amount! Either way, you should review your energy consumption as soon as possible, give it a health check, and go from there.
A. Yes — any reduction in number of kilowatt hours (kWh) will reduce your carbon footprint, as will choosing a green supplier and generating your own electrical power.
A. Not necessarily. A lot of the groundwork can be done over the phone or by E-mail.
A. There are no obligations for you or your club and no contracts. It is a free service to clubs and readers.
A. There are no costs. This a free service to clubs.
A. No — all fees are transparently discussed and agreed before any client cost is incurred.
To give you an idea of how much we can help you save, we’ve helped one client save more than £37k. We’ve never not saved clients money, and as we’ve already covered — our service doesn’t cost you a penny.
A. We’ve been working in the club sector for over 30 years in various roles. The launch of HQ Building the Business is the culmination of many years working with clubs and suppliers, from brewers and telecoms suppliers, to energy and water companies.
A. Just email email@example.com or call 07495 893 993.
FOR ENERGY HINTS AND TIPS CONTACT US
If you have half-hourly or max demand meter or if you have more than one meter per fuel, don’t worry just drop us an E-mail and we email you a pricing package. We can also assist you if you need any help with energy matters. If you have billing issues, have incorrect KVA levels, need a new meter installed or removed, TCR cost issues, need support with an OFGEN complaint, want to complete ESOS, CRC, SECR requirements, please feel free to get in touch for a no-obligation conversation, we are happy to help.